Tuesday, January 5, 2010

And Finally...

It's been a week since I bought my fantastically ugly silver and black running shoes in preparation for some New Years Resolution action and finally, tonight, I used them. They had already been out in a strictly walking sense - around Wellington, where they helped me blend in with tourists off of cruise ships. They had even been up to the location used for Rivendell in the Lord Of The Rings movies, where they had proven most comfortable.

After such outings they were clearly broken in, so I had no excuses for not running left.

I'm not really built for running, I'm more a walker/crawler/bus rider. But tonight I ran... actually I walked first, then I ran, then I walked a bit, then I ran because it was downhill and even then started walking again when halfway down the hill. Afterwards I ran some more, then got stitch and had to walk some more. Finally I was drawn back homeward by an epic red sunset explosion in the sky.

Yes, I am proud of myself, despite it being more of a walk with runny bits.

No comments:

Post a Comment