Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A New Plan

After three runs over a week we decided on Tuesday that it was time for a different running format. Actually, Rach decided this and I didn’t have much of an opinion so I rolled with it. First we warmed up with a good few minutes of walking and then we ran as far as we could; then walked when we felt our lungs were burning and chundering was around the corner; once that had worn off it was back to running… and repeat.

I wouldn’t call it a complete success as it resulted in the last third of the circuit being walked. However, we think this was mostly down to dehydration and not enough food in the hours prior to the run so we will try it again whence next we are out.

It was certainly more successful than the action of wearing the ugly shoes to work. This wasn’t something I did by choice – the other shoes I normally wear to work were wet and all other options were either too smart or too wrecked to go with. I felt compelled to explain to people that I knew my shoes were ugly and that I was only wearing them for convenience. A surprise reply came from Mr Freer, who told me about his own ugly running shoes. Perhaps we should form an online social network.

No comments:

Post a Comment