Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ups and Downs...

Last weekend I was so good. I was a running machine - maybe an antique running machine, yes, but a running machine nonetheless.

I ran after work, that was a really nice night.
I ran in the rain, which was great because I could exhale so hard that I ejected slobber all over my own face but, because I was already wet, no one could tell, I hope.
I ran with a rucksack gnawing at my back and a tin of bloody mints clanking with every footfall - I had to use the power of grumpiness to fuel me through that one. Why was I wearing a rucksack? Because I needed to buy a bag of flour halfway around the circuit. You see, this running malarkey is practical and can be integrated into normal, day-to-day activities. Although it does make it bobbins. Rach was right when she said I'd be rubbish in the army.

It should be noted that each of these permutations took place on different evenings.

Anyway, that was a successful weekend, followed by... not much running at all really. In fact, the week was totally bereft of running, except for a quick warm up jog. Why, I hear you ask, why Jon, why have you not capitalised on such a great innings, why did you throw it all away. Why? Why for the love of all that's holy have you forsaken the ugly shoes, apart from the time you didn't a couple of nights ago, which was actually a really good run, involving your longest stretch so far.

The answer is simple. You see, although running has seemed like a good idea for a long time, especially when seeing buses departing up ahead and fleeing from a variety of mid-paced, not particularly tenacious predators, I do have added motivation. Want to know why I should have done a lot more running?

http://paddlesofpain.blogspot.com/

Yep, the increased cardio certainly helps, but more importantly I've got something that makes the running feel like an easy option. Haha, genius! Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment